planoly for instagram

10 Ways Planoly for Instagram Upped My Instagame

May 6, 2016

How Planoly for Instagram Has Saved Time, Money and Increased My Fanbase!

Hola compadres!!! I KNOW it’s not Tuesday, so this post is a little early, but I found the COOLEST tool a few weeks ago, and with some changes they’ve had this week, I thought it was about time to tell you guys about it.
It was LITERALLY a “holy hell, you guys have GOT to see this!” moment.

I’m a HUGE Instagram nerd. Like…HUGE! So a few months ago, when I found Planogr.am, I was super stoked!! The platform was an iOS application that allowed me to schedule my IG posts in advance on my phone! I could pre-write and plan a month of posts and see how they would visually look on my feed.

I didn’t think it could get much better. 😀

Then, enter Planogr.am’s week of re-branding. I got a text this week saying Planogr.am was changing their name to Planoly and adding a few new features. FEW NEW FEATURES MY ASS!!! They’ve moved everything onto the interwebs AND IT’S BEAUTIFUL!!!
(**Although the Planoly link above IS an affiliate link, I want to assure you of my 150% love for this Platform.  If you have any questions about how this platform works…don’t hesitate to shoot them my way!! And of course, you can ALWAYS just go to planoly.com directly!**
increase blog traffic

Here are 10 ways Planoly has changed my IG marketing campaign in the last week:

1. Visual Organization – Planoly has allowed me to plan out my future posts! They have a seriously bad ass drag and drop calendar system that allows you to see what images you have planned for which days.  Have a big launch coming up?  Two words…game + changer.

2. Visual Branding – If EVER read an article about “How to Use Instagram For Business”, you’ve seen the whole “Make your colors uniform and try adding quotes to make everything look streamlined!”  Not going to lie…that is legit advice!  But Planoly has taken it a step farther!  You can now lay out EVERY post in advance to see how they look, and if they work with your brand!  No more posting in the moment and regretting it the next day.  If you are using your IG account for business…you HAVE to be strategic.
use planoly to change your instagram game
3. Pre-Writing posts – This lil’ Planoly trick is a GAME CHANGER and a time saver!!  You can now upload your images and PRE-WRITE your posts!!! I’M USING ALL CAPS BECAUSE I’M FREAKIN’ THE EFF OUT HERE!!  Listen, I hate typing on my phone. The damn thing is glitchy, and half the time I write an epic paragraph, only to realize I typed “taking sexily measures” instead of “taking security measures”.  NO MORE, I say!!!! Now I can pre-write my posts (with character and hashtag count), and fix any typos quickly! Perfection, every time. *le sigh*
planoly for marketing on instagram

4. Responding to Comments – This?  Yeah…THIS might be the only reason you NEED to sign up for this service.  You know from my previous posts, that I’m a STICKLER for keeping a comment conversation going.  Before Planoly, that was SUPER hard to do! You had to be on your phone, or in your Instagram feed…and still, the process was BULKY.  Planoly allows you to see EVERY comment that needs to be responded to in one feed, it automatically pulls up the people you are responding to when you plug in the @ sign, AND it saves you those pesky typos we talked about earlier.  This comment system works more like a blog’s comment area.  A back and forth conversation.

responding to comments using planoly

5. Starred Comments – I’m still figuring out this feature…but the way I’ve used it SO far, is to “star” the comments that have an important ongoing conversation OR comments that I can use later for promotion (with permission, of course).  Instagram is a great marketing platform, BUT it’s NOT consumer based…it’s interaction based!  The starred comments allow you to easily keep track of conversations you want to keep going and stay on top of!

6. Saving Time – Look…we only have 24 hours in a day, and I’ll be damned if I’m going to spend 3 of those JUST trying to upload, comment and promote one image on my feed.  Planoly has allowed me to everything I used to do…in LITERALLY a quarter of the time.  It took me 15 minutes to upload next week’s images, write next week’s comments and respond to the comments from last night’s posters.  WHAT WILL I DO WITH THE NEXT HOUR AND 45 MINUTES???!!!

7. Marketing like mofo – If you haven’t figured it out from this list yet…let me be clear.  Instagram is a MAGNIFICENT marketing tool!!!!! Up until now, It’s just been a BULKY marketing tool!  Planoly has allowed me to pull my Instagram marketing plan together with my Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest plans.  I finally feel like we are one, big happy marketing family.

8. Analytics Overview – I’m sure you all know the importance of analytics.  Hell, you’re on a website dedicated to traffic right now!  😀  The analytics (even the limited information they give with the beginning plan) are fantastic.  You can view faves and comments on pictures in a week, month and year view.  See what’s been your most popular, what’s garnered the most attention, and what has created the most interaction….AND DO IT AGAIN!!
instagram analytics using planoly
9. Upload Images From Desktop – This, for the sake of being transparent, is the feature I’m still trying to incorporate smoothly.  Instagram is an mobile app…so my images are STILL taken with my cell!  For those of you that use Instagram to promote your professional photography websites or those of you who create your images in photoshop…this will be a godsend!! You can now upload your images DIRECTLY from your desktop!!  Talk about a time saver!For those of us that still use Instagram the old fashioned way, it’s still the “texting the computer” or “email yourself” method for us.  Maybe one day they will invent psychic media!!  0_0
10. More of a Social Media Platform – One of the huge things I’ve noticed about Planoly, is that it’s made this social media platform EVEN MORE of a social media. It’s allowed comments to become evergreen, meaning I can go back and easily respond to a comment that was left 10 minutes or 10 days ago.  Setting and forgetting it is no longer as easy as it once was…which means giving even MORE valuable information and getting more readers to your website is easier than ever.

Ready for the sum up?  Planoly is my new bestie (sorry Josh and Conor).  This platform has given me nothing but time, traffic and money since I’ve started using it…and with the new updates, they have FAR surpassed the cost.

High five, Planoly!! Social media awesomeness???  Naaaaaaailed it!!

20 Comments

• Sourav

May 8, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Hi Terra,

I just signed fo for the trial, and this looks promising. The most important feature fo me would be the ability to upload images straight from th desktop or clud storages like Dropbox and Google Drive. Since I upload mainy my photographs, so I need not transfer it to my phone everytime before uploading.

Thanks for sharing this awesome tool.

1. uncorkyourdork

May 10, 2016 at 2:28 pm

I’m so excited for you to try it Sourav!! I hear you on the upload ability!! That was one of the top sellers for me too!!

I used to be a photographer, so I totally know the hastle of getting an image from your laptop to your phone just use the Instagram platform. Planoly totally fixes that! 🙂

Have fun playing with it!!

• Iola

May 9, 2016 at 10:27 pm

I’m a complete Instagram newbie, and while I love the idea of this (as one of the reasons I haven’t used Instagram before now is the inability to plan/schedule), I also can’t justify paying when I haven’t even worked out how to use the platform, let alone whether there will be any ROI. Thinking . . .

1. uncorkyourdork

May 10, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Very smart Lola!! 🙂 If it’s worth anything…I’ve seen a HUGE ROI on my end. I’ve been able to organize my instagrams in advance for launches as well as color and theme coordinate everything. For a business account, it’s been pretty amazing.

• Eppie

May 10, 2016 at 3:08 am

This looks fantastic, I’ll definitely be signing up for a trial! I hate having to transfer pictures and remember all my hashtags so it sounds really hepful!

1. uncorkyourdork

May 10, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Woohoo!!! Have fun Eppie!! I couldn’t recommend this platform more!!

• Alexie

May 10, 2016 at 1:53 pm

This is genius! How have I never heard of this before! Will definitely be giving this a try! Thank you!

1. uncorkyourdork

May 10, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Oh yay!! I’ve been using them for a few months now, and it’s SO smart!!! You can schedule out stuff for launches…color coordinate…tons of stuff!!! 😀 Have fun!!

• Instagram Marketing With Planoly, Squarelovin And CrowdFire

May 12, 2016 at 1:34 pm

[…] Even though limited, but it does provide some analytics for your Instagram marketing. You get to see stats based on week, month and year, and a comparision betweem this period and the last period. But if you want more analytics, check out the next tool that I have for you. To read more about Planoly, read this post by Terra: 10 Ways Planoly For Instagram Has Saved Time, Money And Increased Fanbase […]

• Emma | Creative Explorations

May 12, 2016 at 8:31 pm

WOW. This sounds EPIC. I’m going off to check it out.

Emma | http://www.creativexplorations.com

1. uncorkyourdork

May 13, 2016 at 8:56 am

I’m so excited for you to try it out Emma!! It has literally changed the way I post and connect with my customers and followers!

• Ashley Myers

May 13, 2016 at 2:39 am

Wow, in love with this. The ability to plan posts in advance and view how the colors will work with each other is HUGE for me! Thank you for the honest,in depth review. This is a tool I am definitely adding to my arsenal in order to help expand my instagram presence & consistency this year. By the way…great blog design & content (:

1. uncorkyourdork

May 13, 2016 at 8:57 am

You are way to welcome Ashley!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tool!!!!! 😀 Have fun playing with it!! If you have any questions about how I use it for business, don’t hesitate to ask!!

• Dee

May 24, 2016 at 10:14 am

This looks like a really great service-signing up now! Thanks for sharing!!

1. uncorkyourdork

May 24, 2016 at 10:21 am

My pleasure!! Have fun with it!! 🙂

• Ed Troxell Creative

May 24, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Very cool! I’ll have to check it out. I was using Latergramme which is now just Later but this sounds perfect! It’s great to be able to see it all laid out and the comments feature is cool! Keeping that conversation going is huge! I tell all my clients, you have to engage and comment in order for your business to move forward. It’s social media for a reason right? Ha! Great post!

1. uncorkyourdork

May 25, 2016 at 2:01 pm

I used latergramme for a little bit…but it just wasn’t quite was I looking for! 🙂 FYI, they just added mobile comment features this morning!! I haven’t tested them out yet…but if they are anything like the other updates, I’m super stoked!! Thanks for stopping by Ed!! I’m glad you enjoyed the post…and I hope you enjoy Planoly!

• Ida

July 2, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Thanks so much for this post! I had signed up for a free trial of Planoly (along with Iconosquare and have also been considering Later) and googling what I can really do with each before deciding the system to go with when my trials run out. Your post was definitely the most helpful one I’ve read 🙂

1. uncorkyourdork

July 5, 2016 at 11:26 am

I’m so glad I could help Ida!!! 😀

• Roben-Marie

November 9, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Thanks for your review! I have a question about the calendar view. I can’t figure out how to “see” the images of the posts on each day. Is that possible. I would like to actually see the image as I create my schedule. This would be especially helpful during a launch so I don’t have to organize it elsewhere. Thanks!